Friday Tip! How to Quickly Create a Personal View in Dynamics CRM 2013
This tip is courtesy of a fairly recent feature in Dynamics CRM 2013. A personal view is a list or group of records that can help you target and segment lists of your CRM records. Most users know they can create a Personal View in Dynamics CRM 2013 using Advanced Find. Nothing wrong with creating personal views using Advanced Find, it just takes a few more steps than what I’m going to show you.
Let’s say you have a field for that ranks?your customers and prospects, e.g. A, B, C, D, etc. Now you want to create a list of all your A and B current account records. Here are the simple and fast steps to create an AB Current Accounts list.
I’m going to start with my All Accounts view to make sure I get all the AB Current accounts in my list.
- Start by selecting the Filter button on your list.
- ?Now we can enter our filter criteria. In this case I am going select the Rank field and simply check A and B
- Let’s also select the Account Status field and check Current.
- Once all your criteria is added, select the View?drop down, then scroll down and select “Save Filters as New View”.
- This will display the Save as form, in this case I’m calling the view AB Current Accounts…name yours as you need.
- That’s it! You have your new view. Now you can share it with others as well!
Pretty sweet right. This approach saves several steps and who doesn’t like doing things faster and more efficiently.