Notes from CRMUG Summit 2013 – Dynamics CRM 2013 Mobile Client Details (MoCA)
One of the major new features of Dynamics CRM 2013 is a new mobile client and framework, dubbed internally as CRM 2013 Mobile MoCA (Mobile Client App)
Beth Steinke, Microsoft CRM Mobile Program Manager gave use some insight and details into this amazing new feature…best of all, it’s included FREE in Dynamics CRM 2013 (available now on iPad and Windows 8 app stores!)
- CRM on the go, wanted a consistent experience, configure once and deploy across applications and devices for seamless experience
- User experience.
- Dashboards, currently a single dashboard, up to 6 components
- Currently does not support web resources or iFrames
- Drill down and filtering is supported
- Multiple entity search, up to 10
- Tiles, can pin to start screen of the dashboard (iPad and Win), or the Windows Start screen for Windows 8+
- Can change views on lists grids and charts, this is a way to get around the 6 item limit
- Sticky columns on views (remembers your changes)
- Reflows the forms (responsive design) in a horizontal experience, more tablet like than just giving a web client experience on the device
- All controls are touch friendly
- Business process flows work across the clients (woohoo!!!)
- Will use quick create forms if available, otherwise it comes from full form
- Communication: email and phone aware, on Windows uses Skype, when either phone or email is tapped, an activity form will open for entering notes
- Communication form or card, represents a user or contact
- Renders on entity forms and dashboard, currently hard coded (will be configurable in feature)
- Immediate drill down when touching charts in dashboards or list views
- Can search across 10 entities
- Using the quick find definition for scratches
- Can pin views to dashboard
- Resizable columns
- Win 8 can do the split thing screen
- Quick create available from anywhere
- If multiple forms are used in Customization area, it takes the top order one; and does not support multiple forms yet
- User privilege.entity setting
- Tablet dashboard, by default it is called the sales dashboard but can be renamed
- Setting up search
- Form structure, will get slide that shows this
- Online and onpremise but does require IFD
- Currently only iPad and Win 8, smarphones are next, Android “at some point”
- Offline is cached and read only at this time
- Mobile Express has had some improvements and a UI refresh (actually looks pretty good now, check it out!!
Here is short demo of the new mobile capabilities for Dynamics CRM 2013 – the demo itself starts at 1:50 into the video.
2 Replies to “Dynamics CRM 2013 Mobile Client Details (MoCA)”
Thanks for the wonderful writeup, really helped clear things up a bit for me.
I have actually been battling an issue which is that after checking the box for Orders to be visible to mobile users, users cant create new orders! they can only view orders from the main forms.
I have now create a quick create form for it and it appears under the quick create bar but I still cant get mobile users to create new orders.
kindly advise on a way to resolve this