Microsoft Convergence 2013 was held in wonderful New Orleans (NOLA), LA, March 18th-21st.
If you would like to see my tweets from New Orleans, go here: http://www.michaelhammons.com/convergence-2013/
The following are a few highlights from Convergence 2013:
- Let’s start with growth. Microsoft announced at Convergence 2013 the latest Microsoft Dynamics CRM adoption numbers, with more than 3 million users and more than 39,000 customers.
- The opening had some great customer stories. I found it curious the vast majority were B2C customers. Just a coincidence? The posted case studies can be found on the Microsoft website here.
- The Marketing Pilot Announcement & Netbreeze AnnouncementAcquisitions.
- The new User Interface (UI) recently released with Polaris and the continued direction and new features for Orion. I will include some screenshots soon.
- The new cross browser and mobile experiences available across devices
There were a lot of good sessions. In fact it’s often hard to choose which session to go, there are so many good ones! There are a few below that cover the some of the highlights above. In addition you can see the changes coming in the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI). You may need to register herebefore viewing these videos.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM: The New Era in CRM.
- Includes Dynamics CRM vision, the changing role of CRM in the Era of the Customer and what that means for sales, marketing and customer care. Overview of new UI, Marketing Pilot and Netbreeze. Shows a couple of short product demonstrations. Link to video.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Recap & Roadmap Primer.
- Details of the roadmap, including mobile, for the future of Microsoft Dynamics CRM over the next 6-24 months. Link to video.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM: Reimagining the User Experience.
- This session covered to see how users today work with CRM across different browsers, mobile devices and Microsoft Office. Previews the great new innovations in user experiences (UX) and design coming in future releases. Link to video.
- Advanced Analytics for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Covers reporting and analytics capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. New and updated analysis capabilities available in Microsoft Excel 2013, PowerPivot, PowerView, Office Apps and other tools with SQL Server 2012. Link to video.
- The New Microsoft Office 365: Your New Office – Social Productivity at Work
- Overview of the new Office and Microsoft’s vision for enterprise social. New updates for cloud, social, and mobile. Link to video.
- I you aren’t familiar with Office 365, go now and check it out. The 2013 updates are amazing. I think a whole new level of productivity is available. Awesome stuff, really!